I had a benign chat with an ex, 'R'. No, don't blanched at me with that look. It was a meaningful chat that allowed many unanswered questions to surface. I'm glad the chat happened as it brought relief, understanding and place my thoughts in a better perspective, (that not only applied to this situation, but something else as well) to say the least.
"I know I screwed things up for us. You were always there for me and did everything right.. You were there when I had no one. Despite how much I seemed to always screw up, you had my back. I shouldn't have let you slip away. If i could go back and do it all over again...it would be different, alot different. My spot is and always be there for you. Hence my feelings of regret" .... "R" said.
Regrets happen after realizing that you've lost something that meant dearly to you. The feeling of anguish diminishes the physical hurt. It opens up wounds that we tried to fix but some wounds are deeper than they first appear and require more than just a quick fix. With some wounds, you have to rip off the band-aid, let them breathe, and give them time to heal.
Regret, I am sick and tired of hearing the word "regret". The thing is, before we feel the after-feeling of guilt call "regret", we already know subconsciously that we will regret the actions that we're doing now. But we choose to see it through. Making bad decisions. Hurting those dearest to us.
So before we start to regret about our actions,be it one that already occurred in the past or the ones that you are about to do now, there's something I should say.
If there's just one piece of advice I can give you, it's this - when there's something you really want, fight for it, don't give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you've lost hope, ask yourself if 10 years from now, you're gonna wish you gave it just one more shot. Because the best things in life, they don't come free.
And regrets will only hinder that one more shot. So stop regretting and do something. We can change the bad decisions then, to a better one, now. Start fighting back like a warrior.
4 comments:
I like your blog. You have a flair for writing, but a little brush up here and there will make your writing more fluid. I think, this post, by far, is an interesting insight. You sound deep and thoughtful, as if you're in a dilemma or something..
I look forward to more of your posts.
Hi Anonymous,
Thanks for the feedback. I am not in a dilemma, but I felt the need to voice out some of my concerns. At the same time, I am 'pushing' someone off the floor.. Does any of this makes sense? Haha, it's alright because it's complicated. Thanks, anyway
Oh my god! Is that totally true? I mean did HE really said that? Anyway, its good that you guys finally talk what had happen. Oh wait, did I get the guy right in the first place? Haha. Lol.
Miss ya babe. See ya around.
Hey Farhanah(:
Yes it's totally true and that's what he said. But, its not who you think. It's a long past who happen to catch up with me.
Odd thing is, this happen when I am facing my own issues. But it got me thinking too.
So "R" is not J. (: But "R" is a long past. (:
Appreciate it that you read my blog. (:
Post a Comment