It's a funny little materialistic world we live in. I find it a hilarity because I, unassumingly, am like many female counterparts out there. When times are hard and I'm depressingly low on the mean greens, every items on display lure and calls on to me to purchase them, or at least, to note it down into the long scroll of "( many ) Items to buy". I deem it unnecessary for me to cross-examined what's a 'Need' or a 'Desire'; I wanted to grab everything I can, when the greens comes rolling in.
I wanted to spent like there's no tomorrow, to water the bonfire of retail insanity.
But alas, when the crisp dollars arrived, I couldn't bear to partake from them. The slightest slip sweats me out the entire night, leaving me with regrets of purchasing the unnecessary. I suffered in agony, walking past displays after displays, as the ghost of retail insanity haunts and try to lure me to step into the maniacal shop to grab everything that's within my reach and to sign receipts after receipts.
Now, isn't that a funny thought? When you're tight and budgeting yourself, everything seems to be a NEED. When you've got the cold hard cash with you, you begin to think that perhaps that $1.80 Kotex is not a necessity because you can substitute it with tissue padding ( Ew, I've never went to that extent.. Just... a graphical example ).
And we're talking about an item that costs $1.80, let alone a $3500 Chanel 2.55 ( gulp! ).
I've got to be kidding me.
No comments:
Post a Comment