Monday, June 23, 2008



Everyday of my life, I watch the beautiful and breath-taking sunset and sunrise, at every dawn and dusk. I close my eyes and breathe in deeply, as if to inhale every bit of the majestic view and all else will remain silent. My pounding head will die away and I feel a quiet surge of confidence and empowerment embedding itself into my every self. I feel a sense of benign before leaving my position....

Thinking of beautiful sunsets reminds me of The Lake House movie. Have you heard it or watch it before? The Lake House is a beautiful movie of a lonely doctor who moves into a creatively built glass lake house and corresponds to a very frustrated doctor who lives two years behind her. It's a magical and almost implausible, but if Superman can fly ( when humans cant), why not this movie and its fairy-tale like plot?

I remember watching it and tearing up. So much for wanting to put on a brave front and battle my way through the movie, tearless. Haha! In fact, my heart strings were already tugged when the advertisements for the movie screened. I heard a tiny whisper in me to watch the movie. The Lake House is not only heart wrenching at some moments, it's wonderfully crafted script leaves me hanging for more at every scene. It's a poet's dream.

Just like A Walk To Remember and 40 Days and 40 Nights, The Lake House have grown on me and it turns to be a movie I always fall back to watch every moment I feel the need to release some steam and cry. I feel the connection when I watch the movie, and it moves me to tears. Here are some of my favorite qoutes I copied from this link.


Kate: It's kind of a long distance relationship.

-


Alex: Pick a place. I'll be there, I promise.

-


Alex: She's more real to me than anything I've ever known.

-


Kate: I sometimes feel as if I'm invisible, as if no one can see me at all. I never felt that way when I lived at the Lake House.

-


Alex: Don't give up on me.

-


Kate: Let me let you go.



And the one quote that makes me quiver...

Alex: [voice over] How's your sunset?
Kate: It's perfect.
Alex: I only wish you were here to share it with me.


No comments: